By refilling with this tap you have avoided unnecessary single-use plastics and made Yr Wyddfa closer to becoming the first plastic-free mountain in the world.
- There is no tap at the summit! Make sure you have at least 1.5L of water per person for your walk up Yr Wyddfa.
- It can take 450 years for a plastic bottle to decompose.
- 5% of the soil content on the summit is already microplastics. We all have a responsibility to protect this fragile landscape from further harm.
- All our designated water taps provide fresh Welsh water and it’s safe to drink.
- Tap water is 2000 times cheaper than bottled water.
- By thinking twice about single-use, you’ve diverted another bottle from landfill, the mountainside or the ocean.
Find out what you should pack to aid the campaign to make Yr Wyddfa the first plastic-free mountain in the world.
Find out more about the National Park Authority’s campaign to make Yr Wyddfa the first plastic-free mountain in the world.
Are you business operating in the Yr Wyddfa area? Your business can help make Yr Wyddfa the first plastic-free mountain in the world.